I want to explain how coaching works. In my blog “what the heck is a coach and why would I need one?” I talked about what coaching actually is, and now it’s time for me to explain more about how coaching works, and how you can experience it if you want to? Traditionally coaches solely worked on a one-to-one, face to face basis. Whilst some still just do this work, many coaches, like me, now offer a host of solutions to meet my clients’ needs.
These could be:
- One to One sessions using email
- One to One sessions by Skype/Zoom or telephone
- Private Small Group coaching through a Zoom video call
- Short on-line programmes to deal with specific issues
- Self Coaching programmes that you can work through by yourself
- Workshops for small groups, both online and face to face
- Seminars and conferences for large groups
Each of my one-to-one programmes is a bespoke coaching arrangement is designed with the client to meet their individual needs and schedule.
During each coaching session, we discuss and explore your journey, including goals, achievements, challenges, and opportunities, as well as develop action steps to move you closer to your dreams.
We come together to create a partnership.
This would typically include:
- Initial assessment to evaluate business and life needs and establish goals.
- Regular on-going coaching sessions.
- Exercises to increase self-awareness, encourage creative thinking, and develop practical skills.
- ‘how to’ session so you build your skillset.
- Full confidentiality
- Regular evaluation and review, along with strategies for ongoing support.
I run 3 monthly coaching programmes, where coaching sessions are usually scheduled monthly or fortnightly, typically lasting one hour. In between coaching sessions there’s contact over What’sApp to keep you on track and accountable.
Although it is possible to have a longer session up to intensive one-day VIP days. You can find out more about my one to one coaching services here
Together, we will define the length and frequency that best supports you. Sessions may be focused on specific goals or challenges that you are facing, or on a much broader set of business issues.
I also offer one-off problem solving sessions for when you’re stuck with a particular issue and need someone to work it through with. you can find out more about them here. Problem Solving
Group Coaching / Team Coaching:
This format for coaching can be organised and tailored to meet the needs of groups of people who have similar goals or face similar challenges.
- Groups of Coaches in training, or in the early stages of building their business
- Entrepreneurs and Business Owners who want to expand their business
- Groups of friends who want to find their purpose together
- Individuals who want to improve their communication or leadership skills
- Building self-confidence.
- Individuals facing redundancy and wanting to consider all their options
- New leaders wanting to make the best decisions and impact in their roles.
Any one-on-one coaching program can be tailored to a group or team coaching program. This is the most cost-effective model for providing coaching throughout an organisation, or among groups of like-minded individuals.
This format for coaching also provides a forum for mutual support among the participants and encourages the growth of a support network.
I run a group coaching Mastermind ‘The Business Accountability Board’
Group Online Programmes:
These programmes work using a confidential online portal that holds all the materials, including videos, workbooks and downloads. Each individual has their own confidential login and can access the materials as they want. I like to also provide an online group space using a closed Facebook group so that everyone can ask questions and share learnings.
If you are interested then here’s a blog I wrote on Online programmes What is an online programme work anyway?
These are similar to group coaching, but provide an environment for more interactive learning and development. Again, they can be tailored to the needs of specific groups of people.
I hope that this article has provided some clarity and that you have found it useful.
My final words come in the form of a poem!
If you have a dream…..
Don’t wait for some distant day to come,
it may be too late before you’ve even begun.
Not everyone will agree with all you decide.
Be true to yourself first and foremost.
The only important thing in life is what you do
With the time you spend here on Earth.
Don’t be afraid to follow your desires,
they are not silly nor selfish.
Take the time and do what makes you feel alive.
Leave your fears and regrets in the past,
For this is where they belong.
Don’t cloud today with things that can’t be undone.
You have no more control over yesterday or tomorrow than you do the raging of your passions
Do not quiet these dreams nor quench your desires.
For if you do, your journey is ended.
You have only today to begin anew and follow your dreams.
For in the end, all we have are our memories.
When the twilight comes to us, let there be,
No excuses, no explanations, no regrets!
Let me know what you think, I’d love to hear from you. If you like to find out more about how coaching works and working with me email me firstname.lastname@example.org